This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Foreign employment

Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:16 am

Foreign employment

Postby Aneta1997 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am

Hi there,

I need help with self assessment for 19/20. I was employed in the UK (4 employers) and in Poland (2 employers). I was a student, I have tax residency in the UK.

I have earned:
- £8364 before tax in the UK
-£4922 before tax in Poland.

Where should I include my Poland income in self assessment? Is it and employment section or foreign section? also, is it possible to not pay tax on this is if I used income from Poland for living costs as a student?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Aneta Smorowinska

Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: Foreign employment

Postby darthblingbling » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Should go in employment pages with a foreign tax credit given on the foreign pages if necessary. Are you sure the income is even taxable in the UK? Did you earn the Polish income before you came to the UK?

Return to “Income Tax”