This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Grossing Up table for personal taxation

busterdog

Postby busterdog » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:08 am

I am looking for a grossing up table for a net pay figure.

I am my own business and tend to pay myself a net pay figure then work out the tax/NI afterwards.
I can only find a grossing up table for inheritance tax. Anyone know where there is table where armed with my tax code and net pay I can find out my gross pay

Last time I did this my tax office business advisor spoke to a friend in the local tax office.... don't want to go there...

demetris

Postby demetris » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:59 am

if you wish, send me the details and i will work it out for you.

Demetris Savva BA FCCA
constantinesavva@accamail.com
http://www.tax-accounting-london.info

Ian McTernan CTA

Postby Ian McTernan CTA » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:25 am

Am I right in assuming you are operating through a limited company, and if so, have you considered taking dividends instead paying out a salary?

Also, to make matters easier, you could consider running a directors loan account during the year and then planning out how much actual salary you need to take and how much in dividends to clear off this account, and also in which tax years these fall dependent upon your year end. This will also considerably aid in your company's cash flow.

If you wish to pay a monthly salary, then discuss with your present accountant a reasonable (gross!!) amount and a bonus can be declared to sweep up the balance, and he can run the payroll for you in minutes using his software, freeing up your time to run the business. I am assuming you have an accountant or chartered tax consultant doing your accounts and Returns for you...

Ian McTernan CTA
McTernan Associates Ltd
ian@imcternan.com
McTernan Associates Ltd
Chartered Tax Advisers
Bedford
Email through link on website:
http://www.imcternan.com

Return to “Income Tax”