This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK income tax as a non-resident

Charlie

Postby Charlie » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:00 pm

I am a UK non-resident living abroad in a country that has a double taxation agreement with the UK. I shall be doing consultancy work abroad for a UK company. If the income for this is remitted to my country of residence abroad will I still have to pay UK income tax or can I just pay tax arising in my country of residence?

Charlie

accountant@uktaxshop

Postby accountant@uktaxshop » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:52 am

Charlie,

Given you are non-resident; it is the location of the work and the remittance that is important.

As you are doing this work abroad there should be no (UK) taxes due. However local taxes would presumably apply.

James Smith
Chartered Accountant
www.uktaxshop.co.uk
01284 764436

Charlie

Postby Charlie » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:35 am

Thank you, James.

Charlie

Return to “Income Tax”