This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet


Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Postby Monica » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:38 am

I am sorry if this is a very basic question, but I would be grateful for any advice.
A friend has always done amateur talent contests and has been approached several times to appear professionally. It would be quite expensive for her to do this as she would need equipment, stage clothes and make up, she does not drive, so there would be taxi fares. She is not being offered a lot of money and is wondering if she can claim any of her expenses against her tax.
Grateful for any help that you can give.

Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Postby Herbs16 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:37 am

As long as it is wholly and necessarily for business purposes.

Return to “Income Tax”