This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Initial purchase of BTL property without mortgage

dotto

Postby dotto » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:07 am

I am currently offering on a property which I intend letting. Because the property is in very good residential area, others are also interested. I am able to pay cash initially to help secure the purchase (quick sale for the vendor), and then take out a BTL mortgage afterwards. Will this in any way affect my tax relief on the buy to let (ie taking the mortgage out after the purchase).

Thank you.

jpcentral

Postby jpcentral » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:24 am

Noprovided the mortgage does not exceed the original purchase price. The purpose of your BTL mortgage will be withdrawal of capital from your letting business.

John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
www.centralbusiness.co.uk
John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
http://www.centralbusiness.co.uk

Return to “Income Tax”