This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Contract Working - do I need to pay Income Tax, NI etc

peterdo

Postby peterdo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:00 am

If I was to accept a fixed contract offer of employment i.e. minimum 6 months at £500 per day. Would I be liable for IT, NI etc or are there alternative options to limit this?

leedsCIMAstudent

Postby leedsCIMAstudent » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 am

yes and yes.

Depending on the nature of the work you do, you may wish to work through an umbrella company. Briefly, they will give you allowances for meals and petrol/train tickets.

If you want to be referred to one of the better umbrellas, email me (my email address is in this message - click link): http://www.taxationweb.co.uk/forum/discuss.php?id=20003

Return to “Income Tax”