This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet


Joined:Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Postby swanski » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 pm

I receive a widower's pension for my late wife and my tax allowances are set against this. As a result I have a base rate tax code for my pay in the 2 jobs that I have. I now have to submit a p87 (for tax relief on business mileage in my private car) in one of those jobs. Does the fact that I have a base rate code mean that I will not be eligible for tax relief or will I still receive it?

Bob Jones
Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Postby Bob Jones » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 pm

You will still be eligble for tax relief - you will receive a repayment for the year of claim - HMRC may want to change your current code from basic rate to one that includes an estimate of expenses only.


Return to “Income Tax”