This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

time spent abroad

rebeccarutter@hotmai

Postby rebeccarutter@hotmai » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:44 am

I work for a US based company and travel extensively throughout Europe on business, but normally only for a few days a week. I have been told I may be entitled to a reimbursement in tax paid due to the amount of time I spend out of the country. Is this true, what are the exact requirements and how do I get this sorted?

expattax

Postby expattax » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:14 pm

Hi Rebecca,

Any releif from tax for overseas workdays depends mainly on your residence and domicle position. If you are a British national that has been here more than 3 years then there is no real relief unless you paid tax in the foreign country.

If you want detailed advice please contact me at expattax@btopenworld.com and I'll give you a quote.

Regards

Mark J Hooper
US Enrolled Agent

Return to “Income Tax”