This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

tax enquiry

bubbles

Postby bubbles » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:08 am

sole trader in construction industry has been invited to a tax enquiry.

schedule of documents comprises 18 categories inc. bank statements, back-up disk, business books & records, cheque stubs, personal drawings, business mileage, analysis of payments made to subcontractors etc.
i have been advised not to supply back-up disk & to play hard ball as opposed to being "compliant".

Timescale is also a tad tight.

Any thoughts?

TIA

geoff

Ian McTernan CTA

Postby Ian McTernan CTA » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 am

Your accountant/tax adviser should be handling this! Failing that, I am an expert in dealing with Revenue enquiries and would be happy to assist on a professional basis. Do nothing before taking some advice as anything you say or do will be taken into account by the Revenue.

Ian McTernan CTA
McTernan Associates Ltd
Chartered Tax Advisers
ian@imcternan.com
McTernan Associates Ltd
Chartered Tax Advisers
Bedford
Email through link on website:
http://www.imcternan.com

bubbles

Postby bubbles » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:35 am

tks for your reply.

will be having words with my ex-accountant saturday.

will then decide best way forward, taking into a/c your offer:-)

geoff

Return to “Income Tax”