This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Mistake by Inland Revenue

siwest

Postby siwest » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:06 am

The Revenue cleared me for the tax year 2002-2003 and I have the certificate as proof while doing my 2003-2004 they declared I am liable for tax and that because of their mistake they declared I was also liable for tax on 2002-2003 a year that they said I was clear. Do I have any grounds for appeal as it is quite plainly their mistake as they changed a ruling
regards

millway

Postby millway » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:00 am

Yes you do have grounds for appeal. I would refer the client to extra-statutory concession re error or mistake by the Inland Revenue. Plaese bear in mind your level of income for thew year in question will play an important part in the % write off of any liability caused by the error. If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact me at C & O Associates in Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex

Return to “Income Tax”