This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Do I need to pay TAX ?

veli
Do I need to pay TAX ?

Postby veli » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Dear Sir / Madam

I would like to explain my situation;

Personal information
-I am non citizen and non resident in UK
-I am Turkish citizen who lives in Turkey since 2012
-I lived in UK between 2007 - 2012 for undergraduate degree
-I opened couple of bank account during my education
-I came UK 1 or 2 week each year with tourist visa to visit my friends (around total 14 days each year)

Work information;
-I do mobile games / web sites which used globally
-I earn my money from online advertisement companies only
-These companies generally located in USA or ASIA
-These companies send the money that I earned to any bank in worldwide

My question;

If I send my earning to my UK bank account, do I need to pay any kind of TAX ? Do I need to fill any documents ?
Please inform me about this situation.

Sincerely

bd6759

Re: Do I need to pay TAX ?

Postby bd6759 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 pm

I would imagine that your profits are taxable in Turkey because you are resident there.

Why would you want to have your money in UK account?

veli

Postby veli » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 am

I plan to come UK distance future time (like 2017-18) for further education Master Degree (its just an idea yet). Furthermore Turkey's taxation system is not mature enough, they have no idea how to get tax from online advertisements.

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Seems to me that you want to avoid paying tax by having your earnings paid into a UK account.

veli

Postby veli » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Definetly, NO.

I went to Turkey Goverment Offical Tax Office, they told me that, they cannot categorize this tax yet, they had no idea how to get INCOME TAX from online advertisement earnings, but at the end they told me I HAVE TO pay income tax, but they will not show me a way to pay it. ;)

A friend of mine told me I may try open a company, and bill the GOOGLE ADSENSE from TURKEY (its so weird). Anyway, a company's cost around $600 monthly (all documents, insurance, accounts etc...). But I earn around only $400-500 monthly. So I will not gain any profit if I try to open a company, it is just so stupid.

Lets go back to my question, I WANT TO PAY TAX IN UK, beacuse UK is quite mature about taxaion, this why I ask, Do I need to pay TAX ? if so what kinda documents should I fill ?

Thanks.

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Turkey tax their residents on their employment and their self employment, wherever in the world the income is earned. As a self employed person you will pay tax to the Turkish authorities. They will collect income tax the same way as most other governments collect income tax; they ask the person earning the income to pay it. Self employed people in Turkey pay tax four times a year. The tax is based on the profits of their business, so they do not need to "get tax from online advertisements". They get tax from your profits, the same as in nearly every other country.

You do not need to pay tax in the UK because you are not resident and the income is not earned here. However, I do not recommend depositing money that has not been reported to the correct Turkish authorities, because if the source of the money is not legitimate it could be confiscated under the UK MLR or POCA.

Return to “Income Tax”