This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

P45 in new tax year

GKBLJ
P45 in new tax year

Postby GKBLJ » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 am

Hi,

Can someone help please. I am working as a contractor for a company and on self employed pay model.

But I would like to leave self employment and work as employed by client. If I join employment from new tax year (6th Apr'15), will I need to provide P45 or similar document from HMRC? If yes, why?

Thanks and BR,

nikkisizer

Re: P45 in new tax year

Postby nikkisizer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:36 am

Hi GKBLJ,

Your client would know that you would not be able to give them a P45 as you were previously self employed by them.

They will complete the necessary paperwork for HMRC.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

GKBLJ

Postby GKBLJ » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi GKBLJ,

Your client would know that you would not be able to give them a P45 as you were previously self employed by them.

They will complete the necessary paperwork for HMRC.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks Nikki,

appreciate that. However, why an employer even need any info from HMRC. Its a new tax year and they can apply tax code and other things fresh for the year. And anyway how will they be able to get info from HMRC as being self employed, i wouldn't have filed my tax returns. PLease let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
GK

nikkisizer

Postby nikkisizer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:37 am

Hi GK,

Your client/future Employer would not need any information from HMRC.

Your client/future Employer would complete the necessary paperwork and submit to HMRC for you with regards to your future employment.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

Return to “Income Tax”