This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax deductible rent proportion query

NNenov
Tax deductible rent proportion query

Postby NNenov » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi there,
I am self employed and use my apartment as my office. I am going to claim a percentage of my rent relevant to the space I use as tax deductible.
However I wanted to check something:
Sometimes I was working away from my apartment on freelance commissions. Should I deduct less for those periods? I was still using my apartment as an office during these days but for a smaller time period.

Also, I realise this is another topic but I was wondering if there is a way for me to get a copy of my previous year's self assessment, I cant seem to find a link to it on the HMRC website.

nikkisizer

Re: Tax deductible rent proportion query

Postby nikkisizer » Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 pm

I realise this is another topic but I was wondering if there is a way for me to get a copy of my previous year's self assessment, I cant seem to find a link to it on the HMRC website.
Hi NNenov,

You can call HMRC to request a copy be posted to you.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

Peter D

Re: Tax deductible rent proportion query

Postby Peter D » Thu May 14, 2015 10:42 am

Return to “Income Tax”