This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Is that tax code is correct?

FishHunter
Is that tax code is correct?

Postby FishHunter » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi everyone.
I have came to England witch my girlfriend in February.We was working for three agencies, for example X,Y,Z. In first(X) and second(Y) we had 1000L W1 tax code, in the last one(Z) we have BR/X tax code. We had got a letter from HM Revenue & Customs and they gave us tax code BR. Now we again working few times in week for the socond(Y) agency,and 20% of tax is really too much.Is that tax code is still correct?Is that better to wait for long time job and ask HM Revenue & Customs for a tax code change?

nikkisizer

Re: Is that tax code is correct?

Postby nikkisizer » Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 am

Hi FishHunter,

A tax calculation would need to be carried out at the end of each tax year and if the outcome is that you have overpaid your tax a tax refund can be claimed.

If you are classed as UK resident for the tax year in question this would be done by submitting form R40 to HMRC but if classed as UK non-resident you would submit form R43 instead.

Happy to help if required so if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

Return to “Income Tax”