This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

rent a room - where does it go on t.r.?

LMT
rent a room - where does it go on t.r.?

Postby LMT » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:17 pm

hi - i'm already filling in my 14/15 t.r. and have got property income which is subject to rent-a-room relief this year , for the first time. trouble is i cant see a box to put the relief amount being claimed in? the income was only £60 so i've ticked that i wish to claim the relief in box 4 on the actual t.r. - but i cant find (on the hmrc software i'm using) how to get an amount in box 37, ie the "rent a room exempt amount"? or do i just not put on the income and just write what it was in the additional info section ?

CGA

Re: rent a room - where does it go on t.r.?

Postby CGA » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm

The rent-a room relief is automatic if under the threshold so you do not need to report anything under rental income (if this is your only rental income).

King_Maker

Postby King_Maker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:48 am

Rent a Room income is reported via the supplementary UK Property pages.

For £60, I doubt whether HMRC would be that interested - you could mention it under Any Other Information, if you wish.

LMT

Postby LMT » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:19 am

thank you. i'd already done a white box note. i already had to do a t.r. anyway, but this income was new in 14/15. thanks everyone !

Return to “Income Tax”