This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

changing from sole trader to partnership

richytay
changing from sole trader to partnership

Postby richytay » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 am

Hi,

I have been a sole trader for years but on 6 April 2014 I changed to a partnership with my wife. I registered the partnership from that date and have prepared the partnership tax return. What I'm worried about is that will the tax office accept it if I do not fill in any self employment page this year? I'm completely honest and have nothing to hide. But I think I should have written a date of cessation in the box on the 2013/14 return but I didn't. I guess I still thought I was in self employment although technically I wasn't.

Regards

Richy

Return to “Income Tax”