This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Help with Tax domicile

Joined:Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:12 pm
Help with Tax domicile

Postby davdarl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:21 pm

I am looking for some help, I own a UK property that my ex partner and kids live in. I continue to pay all aspects of costs for the property and continue to use this as my main UK address even though I do not live there. My work takes me around the world for significant periods of time and I need an address in the UK to continue to manage my own affairs. Am I allowed to do this under the HMRC tax rules?

Joined:Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Help with Tax domicile

Postby bd6759 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:52 am

HMRC will not prevent you providing a home for your ex-partner and children.

You mention "tax domicile" in the subject. Maybe you could explain what you mean by this, and what you think the problem might be.

Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Re: Help with Tax domicile

Postby King_Maker » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Do you mean Residence rather than Domicile?

Or perhaps both?

Return to “Income Tax”