This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Chargeable Event Gains - help please!

Lee Young
Chargeable Event Gains - help please!

Postby Lee Young » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:02 pm

If I am using the HMRC facility online to lodge a client's tax return is it possible to include more than one chargeable event gain? For a deceased client I have a number of gains, different number of years for the gains inevitably, but I cant see how I submit each individual figure? Submitting a global figure doesn't work as I cant simply average the number of years.

Can anyone help solve what is a simple problem?
Lee Young
Solicitor, Chartered Tax Adviser and Trust and Estate Practitioner

Partner, Frettens LLP
lyoung@frettens.co.uk
01202 491701

Ian McTernan CTA

Re: Chargeable Event Gains - help please!

Postby Ian McTernan CTA » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:34 am

It is possible on any decent commercial package, which are available for a few hundred pounds. I've no idea why a professional practice would ever use HMRC's submission system, which is not known for it's flexibility. I'm sure you have your reasons.

PTP's system advises that this is a HMRC special case, and you need to include a description of each policy, tax treated as paid, number of complete years in the additional information box on the supplementary pages, and let you enter multiple chargeable events.
McTernan Associates Ltd
Chartered Tax Advisers
Bedford
Email through link on website:
http://www.imcternan.com

Return to “Income Tax”