This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Employer Medical benefit

j10
Employer Medical benefit

Postby j10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi,

I am completing my self assessment and wondering whether I need to include the employer medical benefit in the employee benefits section in the self assessment. I already pay tax on the benefit which is deducted from my monthly earnings and so want to ensure that I am not double taxed. Please could you help.

thanks
J

jpcentral

Re: Employer Medical benefit

Postby jpcentral » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Yes, you need to include any benefits received in the relevant boxes on the Employment Pages of the SA form. Presumably you received a P11D.
John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
http://www.centralbusiness.co.uk

section 44

Re: Employer Medical benefit

Postby section 44 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:22 pm

I already pay tax on the benefit which is deducted from my monthly earning
You mean that your tax code already reflects the benefit in kind tax liability for this?

Otherwise any deduction from your salary would presumably be a deduction from gross salary ...

Return to “Income Tax”