This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Dividend taken by a permanent full time employee.

haiksuresh
Dividend taken by a permanent full time employee.

Postby haiksuresh » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:18 am

Dear Members,
I was very new to this forum, I need your help in finding details. I was a full time employee and will take salary and tax will be deducted when i took salary. But my employer used to give dividend as a bonus [overtime money + bonus based on company profit] at the end of the year. Here they mentioned me that, they already paid corporation tax on that money so, no action taken by me. There is no tax taken on my bonus amount and nothing was mentioned in P60.

As i dont have UTR number, And never done any self assessment. I called HMRC to esquire is there any pending tax on behalf mine, they confirmed me that nothing was found on my record.

Near future i was applying my ILR, I have all 5 years P60's . My employer was not given any document for dividend given by them. So i would like to request all your valuable suggestion, is everything was correct, what our employer was doing ?

1) what ever my employer was doing correct ? or not ?
2) What kind of documents i need from my employer for dividends ?
3) Am i required to do a self assessment ?
4) If my employer was not doing correct? what steps i need to take to fix the problem for my ILR application.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

jpcentral

Re: Dividend taken by a permanent full time employee.

Postby jpcentral » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Suresh

In order to receive dividends you have to be a shareholder in the company. Only shareholders can be paid dividends.

Were you a shareholder? Did you own part of the company? If you, legally, received dividends, you should also have received dividend vouchers.

You probably don't want to publish information for everyone to see so if you can send me a message via our website, giving the full name and address of the company (plus company registration number if you have it) and your full name, I can check the information submitted to Companies House to see if you were listed as a shareholder.
John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
http://www.centralbusiness.co.uk

Return to “Income Tax”