This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Purchase of EMI shares

CHFE250117
Purchase of EMI shares

Postby CHFE250117 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi,

The company i work for operates an EMI share incentive scheme.....i.e. shares are awarded each year at x price and after 3 years they are then eligible for me to buy and I am then able to sell them whenever I choose at whatever the latest per share price is. I have always purchased my shares with cash i.e. post income/NI tax etc. over the years and i recently read something which i think infers there is an allowance/tax relief if i am purchasing EMI shares.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm whether this is true? I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Return to “Income Tax”