This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

How to view tax statement after submitting tax return.

GasEngineer
How to view tax statement after submitting tax return.

Postby GasEngineer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Sorry if I've missed this but I've searched the forum several times and can't see anything relative.

I overpaid 2015/16 payments on account. Having submitted my tax return, I can't find where to view my tax statament.

All there seems to be is a bill for a payment on account due in July 2017. Nothing due for January 2017 so it appears to have deducted the 2015/16 payments on account.

Would appreciate some advice on where to access the statement please.

JRG

Re: How to view tax statement after submitting tax return.

Postby JRG » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:13 pm

I googled 'view tax statement online' and it came up with several entries, most of which advise using the Government Gateway to view your Personal Tax Account.

GasEngineer

Postby GasEngineer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks - that was my point really - where on the HMRC website is that information?.

As mentioned in my question all I can see is a "bill" for July 2017.

JRG

Postby JRG » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Go to www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account
Click on START NOW
Enter your ID and Password, and press ENTER
(HMRC will send an Access Code to your phone)
Enter Access Code, and press ENTER
On the Tax and National Insurance screen click on Self Assessment
On the Self Assessment screen click on View Your Tax Year Overview
On the Self Assessment page click on View Statements (for statements), or View Account (for payment/repayment details, etc.)

Return to “Income Tax”