This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax on income help [New at this]

Adrianm
Tax on income help [New at this]

Postby Adrianm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi all,
First of all thank you for taking the time to look at my topic.
I only have a quick question as i have no idea about taxes and it doesn't matter how much you look online or read, everything is vrey confusing and overwhelming.
I'm a 30 years old male and working in Uk for the last 3 years employed at a company. I'm earning £34000 and i don't know how much I am supposed to get at the end of the month. All of the "salary calculators" online are telling me I am supposed to get £2200 after taxes and everything. That's not the number that I'm getting, I'm getting £1920 a month, is there a mistake ? Or the online calculators are wrong ? If there's a mistake, is it my company ? Should i tell them something ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Adrian

RMC

Re: Tax on income help [New at this]

Postby RMC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Presumably you are paid monthly? Please let us know payslip info:
PAYE code
Tax deducted
NIC deducted
Any other deductions / adjustments.

Return to “Income Tax”