This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Contracting - best way to pay the least tax

NFS
Contracting - best way to pay the least tax

Postby NFS » Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 am

I am UK citizen currently working in Switzerland for the past 2 years. I have a contracting opportunity back in the UK, but was looking at the best way to pay the least taxes. I have looked around on the internet and seen that Umbrella companies seems to be the norm in doing this. What is the average tax one would pay using an Umbrella company? Is there any companies you can recommend that will do this?

I was also weighing up the possibility of not de-registering with Switzerland. Hence, my bank account will remain open here. I could then get my contracting salary in the UK paid offshore to my Swiss bank account. Would this work in avoiding paying taxes in the UK? I have not contracted in the UK before, so I presume you will not be put on PAYE or another pay roll, so the UK government won't technically know that I am back in the UK and contracting?

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Contracting - best way to pay the least tax

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 pm

You are suggesting tax evasion not avoidance which is illegal

Return to “Income Tax”