This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Is filing tax returns necessary when working on ICT Tier 2 visa

vl
Is filing tax returns necessary when working on ICT Tier 2 visa

Postby vl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 am

Hello,

I am a citizen of India & working for a company in India which has its head office in UK. I was transferred to the UK office for 2 years. I was in UK from Sep 2016 to Sep 2018. Returned to India in Sep 2018. I have paid my tax for the year 2016-2017. I was transferred to UK on ICT Tier 2 visa.

My tax code is 1150L as per my P60 document. P60 document shows tax deducted as GBP 8450. I would like to know if it is necessary to file tax returns when you were working on ICT Tier 2 visa?

sushd

Re: Is filing tax returns necessary when working on ICT Tier 2 visa

Postby sushd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:31 pm

P60 shows that you have been taxed by the employer under PAYE.
If you did not have any other taxable income in UK which has not been taxed, then there is no need to file a self-assessment return.

tc
sushd

Return to “Income Tax”