This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Ltd Company, Sole Director, Living Abroad

ilcalabro
UK Ltd Company, Sole Director, Living Abroad

Postby ilcalabro » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:07 pm

Good evening everyone,

I'm am the owner and the sole director of a UK ltd and I am an Italian citizen.

Last summer I moved back to Italy with my family and I now work from here for the same company which is still based in the UK.

I'm trying to find out if I still have to pay taxes in the UK on dividends as it seems to be a lot of confusion around.

Are dividends considered as Disregarded Income?

Thank yo in advance,

AdamS93

Re: UK Ltd Company, Sole Director, Living Abroad

Postby AdamS93 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 pm

Without further information it is hard to say for sure.

The most likely scenario is that the company remains UK resident as incorporated in the UK so it will pay UK corporation tax on its profits.

As you are non resident, you are only taxed in the UK on your UK income. Dividends are disregarded income under s811 ITA 2007 but you won’t be entitled to a UK personal allowance if you go down this route, so if you have any other UK income you will have a liability to tax in the UK most probably.

If you have the funds I would get paid for tailored advice, just so nothing comes back and bites you.

Return to “Income Tax”