This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Need experienced advice

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Need experienced advice

Postby raging666 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Good afternoon. I have following situation. I'm full time employed, but was involved in property sale in one company as an agent, then my contract with them got terminated, but as I done the deal before, I was paid 43,000£ , I provided them invoice for that amount, and I'm responsible for tax payment on that. In order to do this deal I had another agent involved who provided me client database and he claims 33,000£ from this income. What he should provide me and what should I provide to HMRC? I appreciate your help in this case.

Posts: 4482
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Need experienced advice

Postby pawncob » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Can anyone make sense of this>
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Posts: 2949
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Re: Need experienced advice

Postby robbob » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:05 am

Can anyone make sense of this>
Yes sounds like raging 666 needs to register as sole trader and declare the £43k as income with £33k of expenses - might seem a little bit fiddly for one deal but presumably the intention was to do this as a trade type activity so registration as sole trader - completion of tax return detailing income and expenses and notification of cessation of sole trader activity.

well thats my best guess :)

Return to “Income Tax”