This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Partnership Tax Return - Year One

loans18
Partnership Tax Return - Year One

Postby loans18 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello all,

I’d greatly appreciate any info on the following query.

Myself and my business partner both registered ourselves and our partnership for self-assessment this year. Our partnership only became active in May 2019. The partnership start date is also in May 2019 and we dont have any other income relating to the financial year in question.

Will we need to send anything as a return by the October 31st deadline this year, or are we all fine to wait until next year?

I’m not sure if I need to send a personal and partnership return that is ‘zeroed’, as obviously we didn’t do any trading in the financial year in question.

Thanks very much.

jerome.lane

Re: Partnership Tax Return - Year One

Postby jerome.lane » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:16 am

If first registered in May 2019, your first partnership tax return will be for the 2019/20 tax year and due by 31 October 2020 if filing on paper or 31 January 2021 if filed electronically.
You should have HMRC correspondence detailing the filing due dates for both yourselves and the partnership.
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

Jholm

Re: Partnership Tax Return - Year One

Postby Jholm » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:33 am

I say this in the nicest way possible..... Given your misunderstanding of basic principles, please please please appoint someone to deal with the partnership and personal tax returns and do not do it yourself.

Return to “Income Tax”