This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

What records do I need to keep

billyg
What records do I need to keep

Postby billyg » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi I have a small business , my transactions usually range from £40 to £500 do I need to provide each client with an invoice ?
Do I need to record a list of the payments I receive with a relevant invoice no ? Or is the date enough ?

Regarding expenses they are normally supermarket receipts which can amount from a few pounds to 50 pounds.

Do I need to numerically index these , or can I list them in date order ?

Thanks

billyg

Re: What records do I need to keep

Postby billyg » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Also should I just get rid of bookwork from the last 6 years or might I just as well keep it ?
Thanks

pawncob

Re: What records do I need to keep

Postby pawncob » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm

You've been running various businesses for many years now, both LTD and S/E. You should know all the answers by now. (over 100 posts)
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Income Tax”