This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Pension entry on SA

bigbangman
Pension entry on SA

Postby bigbangman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi all,

Rushing to get my SA done but confused on which box to enter my company pension in?

Pay into normal company pension but pension deductions are taken off before tax applied on pay slip.

Supposed to have basic relief

I am a higher tax earner so which box do I enter my year figure in, assume I just enter the actual pension deduction as on payslip, no grossing up by 20% etc

many thanks

darthblingbling

Re: Pension entry on SA

Postby darthblingbling » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Sounds like you're getting relief via the payroll anyway?

Are the deductions being taken from your taxable income on the payslips or net income?

bigbangman

Re: Pension entry on SA

Postby bigbangman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Think i'm sorted, they are SMART pension deductions (salary sacrifice) so relief already done and nothing further to claim on SA

many thanks

Return to “Income Tax”