This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Reporting Benefits from Employment in Self Assessment return

skray
Reporting Benefits from Employment in Self Assessment return

Postby skray » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi

I am completing my SA for Y/E Apr-2019.
Underneath the section in Self Assessment return Benefits from Employment -
16 Expenses payments received and balancing charges
17 Business travel and subsistence expenses

I am a contractor and work through my limited company. Business travel and accommodation I sometimes used to pay with my personal credit card and claim back from my own business. Earlier P11d used to be issued to me by my accountants and I used to enter the same figure in box 16 and 17 above

Under new rules certain type of business expenses no longer need to be reported and P11d has not been issued.
In my SA do I still need to enter amounts that I paid and claimed back in box 16 and 17, or if exempted from P11d then no need to report in SA either?

Thanks in advance
Regards

Return to “Income Tax”