This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Will I pay tax?

RevSolo
Will I pay tax?

Postby RevSolo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi all,

Have a quick and fairly easy question for you.

I'm 26 and I haven't worked in the UK for a couple of years as I've been travelling (was also working in Australia for a year). I'll be going back to work in Australia but I want to be at home and work for a few months. If I was to work at home, and earn around £8,000.00 or so am I correct in assuming that I will probably pay taxes and NI out of my wage but that I'll receive it all back via a tax rebate? Also, would this be calculated and sent to me automatically? I'm fairly confident that this is the case but was just want to make sure this assumption is correct, so I can, you know... kinda take advantage of it.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Income Tax”