This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Personal allowance

Parsteve
Personal allowance

Postby Parsteve » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:55 pm

I started work on the 1st of January this year, having not earned anything from April 19 till I started work, should I be paying any income tax for this tax year my wages are £3500 per month gross or will I be able to earn up to £12500 in the remaining three months of this tax year, tax free, thanks

darthblingbling

Re: Personal allowance

Postby darthblingbling » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:54 pm

You get the full PA. Your tax code may not necessarily reflect this however if you're not on a cumulative code, so you may have some tax withheld that will be refunded later.

Fyi you'll still have to pay national insurance as this will be calculated based on monthly thresholds.

Return to “Income Tax”