This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Car Salary Sacrifice - Informing HMRC

ianonline
Car Salary Sacrifice - Informing HMRC

Postby ianonline » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:37 pm

I am hoping someone can answer what I need to input in the boxes below informing the tax office via online I now have a salary sacrifice car "just add fuel scheme" through my work which myself/wife can drive, this is not a given company car for the job its a scheme where I have chosen a car for my own use
What value goes into "your contribution to price" I paid nothing up front for the car, just my monthly deductions
What do I enter in the Salary Sacrifice amount ?, is that my gross monthly deduction my company take from me prior to tax as set out in the agreement ?, do I annualise this figure ?
List price in accessories £27,500
Your contribution to the price ? (i didn't contribute so i assume this is nil)
Salary Sacrifice amount - Is this my monthly deduction prior to tax as stated in the agreement (£350) annualised so £4200
Your contribution to private use - Im guessing this is nil ?
Thanks in advance

Return to “Income Tax”