This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

reducing future income tax, cgt

woodentop58
reducing future income tax, cgt

Postby woodentop58 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:48 pm

I have some ownership of physical gold and silver bullion, most of it in the form of sovereigns and britannias.
there also some .999 1kg silver ingots.
if I am lucky enough in the future to make a profit from this, I would like some tips / advice on how to save money on
this.
I am currently a uk resident, but I live a good part of the year in france, and also asia, im just a normal person of
average means.
I wouldn't mind moving to another country that has a lower tax rate if that's possible, I also wouldn't mind offsetting
any possible profits into another financial venture, a house or property, im trying to look into this now, in order I can make
any necessary adjustments before I sell these assets.
I have worked hard all my life, and always had to pay my fair share through PAYE
I am no longer working, and have already taken my full 25% tax free from several moderate pensions, I am 58 years
old, any advice gratefully received.

kevin

maths

Re: reducing future income tax, cgt

Postby maths » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:21 pm

Gains arising on disposals of Silver Britannia coins and Gold Sovereigns are exempt from CGT.

Gold and silver bullion bars are taxable.

woodentop58

Re: reducing future income tax, cgt

Postby woodentop58 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 pm

hi maths,
thanks for that, what I really meant from my posting was how I can legally reduce any future income tax and cgt.
perhaps by moving country, transferring profits into another business etc.
im sure I,ll hear many good ideas.
thanks for your suggestions :D
kevin

Return to “Income Tax”