This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

HICBC and employee deductions

Dave12335
HICBC and employee deductions

Postby Dave12335 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi tax friends

Can I deduct employee expenses when calculating adjusted net income for HICBC purposes ?

I understand that the HICBC is charged where adjusted net taxable income is higher than £50,000. Obviously this will include employment income BUT is that earnings or net employment income AFTER things like mileage allowance and home working relief ? ( I get that it’s net employment income for IT but what about HICBC?)

HMRC guidance isn’t very clear. I had a look thru s58 ITA 07 and s9 ITEPA but it’s pretty vague.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave12335

Re: HICBC and employee deductions

Postby Dave12335 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:06 pm

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/1650657-Adjusted-net-income

Any thoughts on this ? Link above is the only mention I can find to deducting allowable expenses

Hmrc calculator just ask for salary though so I’m confused.

Return to “Income Tax”