This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax return query

bubu
Tax return query

Postby bubu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:40 pm

I have a query about filling my tax return. I received a small Barclays (I had invested in that company) share dividend of around £8.87p in autumn 2019 and am confused where to enter it on my tax return. On the long return, should I enter it under Income on page TR3 in box 4 "Dividends from UK companies" ? OR on the Additional information sheet box 12 "Stock dividends, bonus issues of securities and redeemable shares." I ask because the guidance notes are confusing. Was my Barclays dividend a UK company dividend or a Stock dividend?

Many thanks.

bubu

Re: Tax return query

Postby bubu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Actually, am I required to declare my Barclays dividend of £8.87p, as it is less than the £2000 dividend allowance? If so, do I round it down or put the exact figure? (we are told to round down bank interest so what about dividends?) Thanks.

bd6759

Re: Tax return query

Postby bd6759 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:21 pm

It is a stock dividend.

It should go in your return, but it won’t affect your tax because of the allowance.

Return to “Income Tax”