This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Closing company down

Greg1962
Closing company down

Postby Greg1962 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 pm

I am currently closing a small limited company down and was advised to declare a dividend to pay myself the cash left in the company
Please advise which box on the SA 100 tax form should I declare this dividend or is there a supplementary page where this should be declared? If so please let me know the form name and number and which box number to enter the £33K Thanks in advance

Lambs

Re: Closing company down

Postby Lambs » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:25 am

G,

Whoever told you to distribute the remaining capital in the form of a dividend might have good reason, but might also be a complete ignoramus. Have you actually distributed the funds yet? If not, then I strongly suggest you do not proceed until you have had proper advice (which could save you many thousands in tax that could otherwise be wasted). The tax saving could be as much as £8,000 but there would be costs to do things differently, as your total fund appears to exceed £25,000.

With regards,

Lambs

Return to “Income Tax”