Trying to get an understanding of my tax situation. Just a bit of background. I am working as a Full time locum GP with no "regular" sessions. I currently use my home address as my base of work.
I am working as a sole trader (not a Ltd company)
I was planning on claiming back the following and was wondering what you guys thought of the legality.
1. Professional fees and training
2. Equipment for work, i.e stethoscope, headset, BP machine etc
3. Mobile phone contract. Planning on getting an iphone 12 (in my name) exclusively for work. Will keep my current phone contract and phone in my name for personal use.
5. New car lease. Will claim back 100% of lease costs. No personal miles and will be able to provide a mileage log to back this up.
6. GAP insurance and Alloy damage insurance- would this be business related as the vehicle will only be used for going to practices and doing home visits.
7. Car insurance, road tax, petrol, servicing- to claim 100% of this
8. Meals?- would I be able to claim these. Sometimes I am working odd shifts and having to buy food/deliveroo.
9. Ubers as some of my shifts have been in places I cant park.
10. Parking fees
11. Would I be able to justify buying airpods to help me when I am using my mobile phone (as opposed to the headset connected to the wired phone)
At what proportion of expenses would HMRC start getting suspicious i.e 10% 20% or is it random.
Thanks for the advice !