This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment commission question. (online teacher)

Harkonan
Self Assessment commission question. (online teacher)

Postby Harkonan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:22 pm

1.Online teaching company commission - I work for a foreign online English teaching company on a freelance basis. They take 15 % commission from every lesson I teach. I get automated invoices from them, but it is all in USD, so I have made my own invoices in GBP. Can I claim the commission back as an allowable expense. If so, how should I word it on the invoices and what should I put on the self assessment form?

2. I also want to check if it would be classed as foreign income, all the work ( from my end) was conducted in the UK.

Return to “Income Tax”