This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Taxation of a NewZealand property transferred to a New Zealand Trust

rbailey28
Taxation of a NewZealand property transferred to a New Zealand Trust

Postby rbailey28 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi,

I have owned a property in New Zealand since 1981 and it has been let ever since. It was bought ,as my wife and I had the intention to live in it as a family home when we left Abu Dhabi. We didn't actually leave Abu Dhabi until 1996 and decided to move to the UK instead. What are the CGT, Income Tax and Inheritance Tax implications should I transfer the property into joint names, demolish the house re-develop is as 12 apartments and then transfer it into a New Zealand Trust once demolished ,with my two sons being Trustees and beneficiaries.

Return to “Income Tax”