This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Replacement Gas boiler

Joined:Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:20 am
Replacement Gas boiler

Postby kanrent » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:18 am

This is a self assessment question.
I just had my gas boiler replaced with a new one in my rental property.
How do I claim tax relief on my self assessment tax return? would it be in box "25" (property repairs and maintenance) ,
Or box "35" (all other capital allowances)

Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 pm
Location:West Sussex

Re: Replacement Gas boiler

Postby pawncob » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:43 am

Box 25 Property repairs and maintenance
Expenses you paid out to maintain your property,
for example:
• exterior and interior painting, damp treatment,
stone cleaning or roof repairs
• furniture repairs
• repairs to any kind of machinery supplied with
the property
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Income Tax”