This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

personal tax vs self assessment records

riccardob
personal tax vs self assessment records

Postby riccardob » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:52 am

Hello,

I submitted my self assessment online many weeks ago for 2020 2021.
My personal tax still shows no tax to pay however I have a self assessment calculation which shows the tax to pay.

How do I get HMRC to update my personal tax accordingly? Until this is done I don't have instructions of how to pay onto my
personal tax account. Shouldn't the sums in the personal tax account online page match those in the self assessment page?

Regards

robbob

Re: personal tax vs self assessment records

Postby robbob » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:58 am

My personal tax still shows no tax to pay however I have a self assessment calculation which shows the tax to pay.
If you check the amount has probably ben up[dated but will be ina separate area where upcoming payments are shown - these are shown separately for payments due "now" - this can create complications if for example payments on acount have reduced and you have unallocated credit that will be used against what is due january.

How do I get HMRC to update my personal tax accordingly? Until this is done I don't have instructions of how to pay onto my
If the above speculated answer is not the correct answer then you may be getting confused.

Note your tax calc alwasy details all elements of teh bill for teh year even if fully paid - so you tax calfc never means there is anything o/s this would particualrly be the case if tax calc details payments on account for year end 5/4/2021 which have already been paid .

If you go back into your acount view ye 5/4/2021 and click on how payments have been made that should provide full details of how payments have ben allocateed against the bill that should be there as per sa302 isued.
The confusing thing here is that is possible payments on acount previously made in january and july have ben changed to soiemthing completely different !

Return to “Income Tax”