This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Employed and self employed

mollysmum
Employed and self employed

Postby mollysmum » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi. I have a quick question to which I cannot find a straight answer anywhere!

I am employed, earning no more than £16,500 per annum but am looking to go self employed in the very near future. By the time this tax year ends on 5th April, I would have potentially only earned £900 from self employment.
Do I have to declare this self employed £900 in this tax year, or do I wait until the 6th April and declare all future self employed income from then?
And please can answers be kept simple, if that's not being rude, as I sometimes find all the information about tax etc a bit hard to take in!!
Thankyou very much.

Return to “Income Tax”