This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Anyone else having trouble accessing Taxfiler?

etf
Anyone else having trouble accessing Taxfiler?

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 pm

Keeping getting either bad gateway/temporarily unavailable messages when attempting to access this product. Have tried to call them without success. Seem to remember this happened on 31 January a few years ago too.

robbob

Re: Anyone else having trouble accessing Taxfiler?

Postby robbob » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:03 pm

its unlikley to be taxfilers issue - its pretty bog standard for the system to grind to a halt around mid-day the 31st - hopefully things start to speed up slightly before 11 pm - roll on 00.01 tomorrow

etf

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:06 pm

thanks robbob.

This is the message I get before getting into a particular client...not trying to file a return....can't access the product itself.

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

robbob

Postby robbob » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:12 pm

Nice message - think i will do an autamated email response today to clients adding that exact message in - see what i get back in resonse for a laugh

etf

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:20 pm

502 Bad Gateway.....the other message I'm getting.

etf

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:21 pm

Just seen your 2nd reply...made me laugh.

etf

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:14 pm

Seems to be working again now, although a recorded message said they've been having a problem with their OpenSpace product..advice to keep trying to access it. Received very good service from them throughout the year until today, although the product has more than doubled in price since IRIS took over.

robbob

Postby robbob » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:54 pm

Ah say no more IRIS are known shysters in this regard - still have nightmares from when they closed down the excellent drummohr suit who ttehy bought out and forced onto brand new cloud platform that wasnt working 2 weeks into tax year - best thing we ever did was leave IRIS for any products that they have their grubby hands on. Looks like everyone is equally up in arms over on accounting web.

As the biggest provider one would expect they would be best place to cope with expected peak useage at this time if year unless they are cheapskates and dont do what they nee to do.

etf

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:08 pm

Yes, I was with Drummohr up in Scotland too. As with Taxfiler in its previous life you often spoke to the guys/girls who put the software together who took a real interest in your problem. Support at Taxfiler in my experience has been very good, but I echo your thoughts on the Big bloke in the playground duffing up the little ones.

etf

Postby etf » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:22 pm

Reply from IRIS:

I apologise for any frustration you might have experienced as a result of a reported issue today which has been resolved by the IRIS IT department.

We have received confirmed that this is now returning to normal, but ideally, if you can leave it about 3 minutes before attempting to login this should prevent any queue, or initial slowness in accessing the software. If you can close your browser and then try to re-access the software this should clear the cache and remove any re-logging issues.

Return to “Income Tax”