This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Unpaid SA from 2019 £17k

s3vp
Unpaid SA from 2019 £17k

Postby s3vp » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:05 pm

I was self employed year 2018/2019 i earned £58k that year did a self assesment and got a bill for £14.5k im in Scotland

Basically i was saving for a house that time and put all the money towards a deposit for my house, and havent paid the bill its now up too £17k

I got a job PAYE 2019 de registered as Self employed so at least no more late fines

My point is i just dont have anything to pay them i dont have 17K in an account after covid cost of living 3 kids i dont have any spare money, before i call them how reasonable are they to deal with like im willing to pay £200 a month towards it do you think they will go for that i just know these people are sharks 1 will say yeah the next will say no. i have been burying my head in sand about it least of my worries past 2 years but might address it now as the letters have started again.

Jholm

Re: Unpaid SA from 2019 £17k

Postby Jholm » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:01 pm

HMRC would rather collect tax than not, so a payment plan would be an option but it's going to loom over your head a long time based on those repayments assuming they agree to those amounts. Interest and penalties are going to continue accruing while it's not addressed with them. Transfer to a debt agency is a possibility but seems to be little rhyme or reason as to when they do this as of late.

They could be awkward since the hardline view is that it was their money you spent on your home, not your own. They might not like hearing why you haven't paid them...

Return to “Income Tax”