This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

P55 Tax Reclaim Form

AstonKid1874
P55 Tax Reclaim Form

Postby AstonKid1874 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:21 pm

Hi, Ive just drawn down part of my Royal Mail pension albeit a relatively small amount of £14000 and paid 31% tax on the taxable 75%. I am retiring at the end of November when I will take the remaining amount in my pot. I started the process of reclaiming the emergency tax I paid on the first lump sum but then noticed the P55 Online process can only be used if I,m not going to make any further withdrawals this tax year. As I will be taking the remainder in December does this mean I,ll have to wait and reclaim the two overpayments together after Ive received the second amount, or does it mean I can claim the first lot now but the remainder will have to be reclaimed in the next tax year ?
Basically, can I submit two separate P55s in this tax year ?

Return to “Income Tax”