This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Payments made through Company CIS card for personal wages

medici

Postby medici » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Hi i have a trick one. how much trouble am i in. i started a company a year ago for construction purpose's but with a break up in my personal life and my business partner moving away and losing interest all work ceased with the company, it had at the time only turned over £2500. I continued to work as a sub-contractor for a year with under the CIS card and payments were made to my bank. i realise now that this was not what was suppose to happen and have since declared the company as no trading and got a personal CIS card. this was a Limited Company. the total payments to the card was about 20k

CDavey9501@aol.com

Postby CDavey9501@aol.com » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:08 am

If I read your posting correctly. From a tax point of view,the tax office are likely to allow the set off of CIS vouchers issued in the name of the company to be treated as your income. After all there is likely to be a larger tax/nic take for the Inland Revenue! They may ask for supporting documentation.

The above assumes that the income was your income and not that of the company and that it was just an innocent mistake on your part in that you gave the contractor(s) the company CIS card rather than your personal cis card.

If you would like assistance in this matter please e-mail me.

Return to “Income Tax”