This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Have I paid too much tax?

waxface

Postby waxface » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:47 am

I have recently had a payrise from £1438.46 four weekly to £1576.93 four weekly. However I got taxed more than double on my PAYE this period and actually took home less. is this normal?
my PAYe has been around £112.58 for the last couple of periods and now it's £244.71
Is this correct or should I contact my tax office?

Huw Williams

Postby Huw Williams » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:26 pm

The first thing is to check your tax code. It sounds as though this may have changed at the same time as your pay rise.

If there is a different code number you should have been told by the Revenue before it happened.

If this does not explain it, ask the pay office at your employer first since they work the figures out and the Revenue do not get to know about them till after the end of the tax year.

Huw Williams
Nottingham

0115 914 6846

enquiries@huwwilliams.co.uk

Return to “Income Tax”