This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Relief for Working from Home

cuthbei

Postby cuthbei » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:23 am

Hi,

Can I claim any tax relief for working from home if I am not self employeed (Ie. I have a full time role, but am contracted to work at home).

Thanks, Ian

demetris

Postby demetris » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:03 am

As an employee working form home, you can deduct on your tax return against any reimbursements you get from your employer a proportion of your house running costs based on a percentage of the actual costs.

Regarding travelling expenses to the employers base, these should be allowable as long as your employment contract states that you are required to work from home.

If you don't submi a self assessment tax return you can arrange for an adjustment for employment expenses to be made in your PAYE tax code.

Demetris Savva BA FCCA
http://www.tax-accounting-london.info
FREE tax and business advice newsletters and FREE Special Report on how to save tax sent automatically to newsletter subscribers.

Return to “Income Tax”